Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I Wish You Sleep

I got this wish tonight from my best pal in the whole world, Pattygal. "I Wish You Sleep." It was almost like a blessing or a prayer.

Chances are you don't get it. And you should thank God for that.

Chances are you are not an insomniac.

Chances are you don't get the screen savers that are almost sleep that race through your mind. And how one itsy bitsy noise can be like a thumb on a space bar to stop the screen saver.

Chances are that you don't pray for light in the morning so you can go back to sleep.

Chances are you don't sleep with the light on so you don't wake up to some scary ass dream and not panic in the dark not knowing how to get back to sleep.

Chances are you don't pontificate over picking up that book and it either putting you back to sleep or keeping you awake for hours.

Chances are you haven't taken the TV out of your room so you won't turn it on and wake up for hours. Same with the clock.

Chances are -- You just don't get insomnnia. And if you don't? I cannot explain it. I actually get MAD at people who can nap.

I think I might be a vampire. Sleep is just great somewhere after 5am. But up til then? It is one big crap shoot. I've tried to stop stressing. Tried every over the counter remedy. (They either give you the crazier dreams/screen savers or knock you out the next day.) I've tried prescription. They work GREAT for the 4 hours they're prescribed for. But at 4 hours and 1 minute - I'm right back awake. I've thought of the CR stuff and should probably try it.

Can't the world just adjust to ME? Wake up around 9am? Get to work around 10a? Go home around 7p? Sleep at 1am? THAT I can do! That works for me.

Corporate American does not agree..............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home