Sunday, November 05, 2006

Missing Renee

It is funny. Tonight I am watching "Vanished". It comes on right after "Cold Case Files". I guess not ha-ha funny. But odd funny. The mother in the episode is Dee Wallace (Stone). The mother in Cujo.

I know her because her mother and family is friends with our friend, Renee. (pronounce - Ree-Nee.) Renee has recently been diagnosed with Alzehemiers Disease. We can see it changing her. I hate it.

Renee is AWESOME. She's kept her family going through the death of her young son, husband, and adult daughter. With only one son and her grandkids left. I love her more than anything. She's hysterical. She can entertain like no one else. And she'd do anything for you. She plans her time too closely, and ends up with too much, and leaves you wondering if she is always finding something better. But really? She's just trying to squeeze in the best life has to offer.

DeeDee is one of those she always squoze in. And Dee's child. And her, then, husband.

I met Dee once. She was very human and very comfortable to be around. I remember her sitting in sweat pants with her knees and feet pulled up under her.

So as I sit here and watch her on TV, I think:

Do you think about Renee as much as I do? Do you miss her as much? Does it make you as sad? Are you - That person on the TV screen - as human as I am sitting here?

I think the answers are yes. There's no one who wouldn't be sad our Renee is changing. It is just freaking sad..............

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey gurl,

I know we all are missing Renee. At least she is in a better situation. You know my thoughts. Even though she is diagnosed with Alzheimers, I think that her spirit just couldn't take it when Sarah died.

It is funny you refer to Dee Dee as "the mother in Cujo". I think of her as the mother in ET. I haven't met her though. I just think of her mom saying "Renee, I need a Teee........Ceeee.....Beee.....Wyyyaaaahhh".

12:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home