Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Glad Tidings - Sad Events

I've not blogged for some time...And so much has happened.

I've had a wonderful holiday season, and have more yet to come. I'll spend time with my cousins on Saturday. And new baby Sarah is on her way Monday.

Good times with family and friends. Alone time with Renee. More Hannah time than I could hope for. Bonding with mom, Niki, Scotty. Plus.....A big ol' argument with my brother-in-law. Perceived shortage of defense from my brother. Ugh...Guess there's always some bad with the good.

As happy and sad as it was though....It all seems like nothing. Especially, compared to the devastation our planet has just endured. Last count says at least 50,000 humans are gone. In one fell swoop. And that surely isn't the last count. Not all have been accounted for. 50k is only from the immediate catostrophe. And that 50k doesn't include cats, dogs, cows, sheep, horses, trees, vegetation, beaches, hospitals, homes, temples, mosques.....You get my point. Can't even let myself think about the disease, starvation, and violence that is sure to follow.

They say this will be the greatest tragedy of my lifetime. I hope that carries on to the Hannahs, Sophie, Ashlyns, and Sarahs of the world. I certainly don't want them to see anything worse.

So, even if you have no god....Please say a prayer to something...Our world could use it about now.

I will make a point of putting aside my little troubles. No concentrating on sucky job, lack of love-life, separation from family, or my asshole brother-in-law. Those are all overcome-able.

If we can, let's put together one giant ball of Karmic energy...And see if we can make things over in the southeast a little better some how - some way.

Give anything you can; anywhere you can. Our nation can conjure up a F of a lot more than W's pitiful $35M....I KNOW IT!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home