Monday, May 16, 2005

Trixie-San

I got a note today from a colleague in Japan. And they actually address me as "Trixie-San". Now, if you know my real name? Insert it...It makes it even funnier, no?

So, it reminded me. My sister lives in a fairly large city and fairly close into such city. But the zoning is a little odd....And her area of town is 'unincorporated'. Meaning, they don't have to follow county ordinances as strictly as others. One of which being, I guess, owning 'livestock'. (Can ya' call it that??) So the neighbors behind them have a HUGE potbellied pig, several dogs, some kinda horrid bird (the bird thing), one little spider monkey who lives inside, and one Macaque monkey....Those ones with the frozen heads in Japanese pools. See below:

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/CRT/CRT235/002402TB.jpg

So, that's what lives almost in my sister's backyard.

His name is Kabuki. But to me and all my family, he is Kabuki-San. It just has to be. That would be his Japanese name...Right?

He's a male. And he has some pretty dominant tendencies. One of which involves niece, H. ANY man entering the backyard within 10 feet of H? Kabuki-San FREAKS. That includes her father. Who happens to hang out with her in the back yard on a fairly regular basis. It is the funniest thing you've ever seen! No dung throwing or anything horrific. Just bouncing around the cage at break neck speed and SCREAMING.

Each trip I make to their home, I make a special point to bring Daddy and H out into the yard together. Because I just cannot miss that show...Can I? If Daddy is not available, I try to get my bro out there. If all else fails? I go grab Howard, the neighbor. I have to see the show? NO???'

I have to have a special love for Kabuki-San. Cause he obviously loves H. And would protect her to teeth baring lenghts like Aunt Trix would. But, uh,.....He's a monkey. (Monkey! Monkeys live behind my sister! Shoulders shrugging.)

I predict Kabuki-San's demise will be something similar to throwing himself into the chain link fence at breakneck speed to save his and my favorite female from the hideous hands of said....FATHER?

Can Trixie-San and Kabuki-San not LOVE each other???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home