Monday, April 25, 2005

Four Letter Woman

Was listening to the "Light FM" station on my way home tonight. No - It isn't a standard. But it is in the rotation. Doesn't get one of my permanent spots. But it is there as I do the search. So I hear an oldie, but just ok-ey...And it brings on a whole new list.

"I Thought They Were Saying....."

  • The BeeGees - "Four Letter Woman" = "More Than A Woman". Although I can think of a few four letter woman words...And a few four letter women who fit into them.
  • Dire Straights - "Sultans of Suede" = "Sultans of Swing". I thought it was all about the fine suede jackets and boots.
  • American History - "By The Donzerly Light" = "By The Dawn's Early Light". My brother was never sure what the adjective 'donzerly' meant.
  • Fleetwood Mac - "Don't Stop Thinking About Yer Mama" = "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow". My friend, Tom, was seriously disturbed about his Mama.

There have to be a bazillion....Let's keep it up!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good One! Too bad I can't think of any off the top of my head. I know in high school we teased my friend about one particular song. I'll let you know when I think of some!

11:12 PM

 
Blogger pattygal said...

Bette Davis Eyes -- she could make a blow brush. i thought it was a hair styling tool.

and I KNOW i'm not the only one who thought this -- Mellancamp's Cherry Bomb... i tought it was "that's when a smoke was a smoke" (its SPORT, not smoke!)

and the Mambo Kings Beautiful Maria of my Soul... I thought Antonio Banderas was singing Amor, not Alma... which would make the song Beautiful Maria of my love which doesn't make much sense. :)

11:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home