Sunday, April 03, 2005

It WAS Him!!

I cannot believe I left this out of my Brushes With Greatness Post!!http://www.adventuresoftrixie.blogspot.com/2005/02/brushes-with-greatness.html

Somehow, B must have me convinced I really am crazy and I, therefore, block it. BUT IT WAS HIM....I swear...It was.

Here's how it goes:

I have a few annual trips. One is to Seattle around July 4. We stay at this awesome little boutique hotel called The Inn At The Market (http://www.innatthemarket.com/). Beautiful place with a roof view you would not believe. You sit on the green, green astroturf in a lovely white adirondack with a glass of wine and a book while overlooking Elliott Bay and Pike Place Market. Just lovely. (Pattygal - HELP! I cannot manage to post a freaking pic from Flickr!!)

So on this trip a few years back, just off the plane, just checked in...And we head up to the roof. Sit under the little bower, having wine and reading...And I glace to my left (B is between me and subject to come).

T - (Furtive whispers)...B....That's Eric Clapton. (Keep in mind he is my absolute favorite musician of all time and I would be happy to replace that child that fell out the window - Poor Eric.)
B - Noooooo...
T - It IS....It is Eric Clapton.
B - Nooooooooo...

T's Evidence - He's reading a Penguin Classic -- Eric would do that!! He's got on his signature John Lennon glasses. He's dressed in jeans and long sleeved t-shirt. And he has on those hip bowling shoes that only a metrosexual, homosexual, or Eric can pull off. And he has no chin.

B - Not him. He has no chin. (Still furtive whispers.)
T - But Eric has no chin! He really doesn't. Have you seen him without facial hair??
B - Not Eric.
T - It is Eric. It is Eric. It is Eric.
T - He has a boat he sails in Elliott Bay. I know it. It is him.
B - So go talk to him.
T - Are you KIDDING? I am WAY to cool to just approach Eric Clapton. I'll just bask in the fact that I saw him and didn't approach.
B - Whatever.....

A few minutes later, Eric gets up to leave...Pauses...Smiles and nods...And is on his way. In SUCH Eric fashion. Calm, cool (mostly cool), and collected.

IT WAS HIM!!! It was. It was. It was.

IT WAS. (Just let me believe it....B does....Sometimes.....)

1 Comments:

Blogger pattygal said...

ok its easy... esier than that dastardly Hello, I think.

you upload your picture, then select it. on the lower right there is an option to "see different sizes". select that.

now there are two ways to do it from here. i prefer option 1.

on blogger, be in "create posts" and select the "edit html" tab.

cut & paste this tag:

img src="http://server.com/photo.jpg" alt="Example" />

(comments won't let me put in that actual html tag... so now add < at the very beginning, directly in front of img)

then c&p the photo URL from flickr under option #1.

now in the first line above (that starts with img...) relpace the http://server.com/photo.jpg with the URL of your photo.

that should work. call me if you need direct support!

3:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home