Thursday, March 17, 2005

The Times, They Are A'Changin'...

Not feeling particularly bloggy lately. Most days I have at least one case of "Oh...Gotta blog that!" But none for the last week or so. So this one might feel forced.

Work used to be my outlet. My home base. Where the bulk of my friends were. And where I looked forward to heading 5 days a week. No more....

Met ex-boss for lunch the other day. Remembered how much insight this guy has. And how he somehow just 'gets' me. And knows how to motivate me. And push just hard enough but not too hard. And how he keeps on nudging to knock me out of my comfy spot that isn't necessarily good for me.

Met friend K for dinner & drinks & she talked about maybe coming back. Couldn't even bring myself to possibly encourage her...And told her as much. But had fun chatting about wedding plans, and boys, and family, and whatever else we chat about.

Talked to friend C today who is a whole ocean away. The ache in my heart was enormous. To not be able to see her face or smack her in the back of the head just kills me. Another one who knows just what to say and how to say it. Pushes me to 'take down your self imposed fences'. Cheers me on on the positive things. And sympathizes with the not so positive.

Course, Pattygal goes without saying. We admitted to each other a few days back that we are pure soulmates. And neither really said anything about what a big admission that was. It was almost like telling a partner you love them for the first time. But she is and we are. Our heads are almost one. If I had to pick one person to just sit and talk to for a week straight...It'd be her. But alas - She's 800 miles away and in a bad market for standby flying. (A perk I still enjoy.)

I fear friends B and L are on their way out next. Or me on mine. One way or another, it is all changing. I used to think of myself as a 'change agent'...Me thinks in this situation....Not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home