Friday, May 06, 2005

Your Smiling Face

There is more of SFO to come...But right now? I need to gush. So you know it is family. The niece. The best niece ever.

The kid is a singer. She sings all the time. She's one of three people I know who can hear a song they've never heard before, and hum along! Niece H, Sis N, and friend LK. I've witnessed it in each. Sis N can hum along to made up elevator music. I am a fairly musical person myself, but the phenomenon is amazing ot me.

Last time I was visiting, while riding in the car and listening to CDs, we discovered we both love James Taylor. And, specifically, Your Smiling Face. So now, each time we get on the phone, she requests: "Sing our song, Aunt Trix!!" And I sing and she sings with me (loudly):

Whenever I see your smiling face
I have to smile myself
Because I love you.
And when you give me
That pretty little pout
It turns me inside out.
There's something about you, baby.
I don't know.
Isn't it amazing an aunt like me
Can feel this way?
Tell me how much longer
It can grow stronger every daaaaaaaay.

Sometimes we stop here. Sometimes we keep singing.

She's such a great kid. She lifts my heart every time I even think about her. We'll be connected forever. Thank GOD for H!! I said she lifts my heart? I think that is not the right analogy. She makes my heart sing!! And she sings and sings................!

1 Comments:

Blogger pattygal said...

H is such a bright child... she knows the value of JT. This morning I thought of this post and chica bernice in my car when i was singing "winter spring summer or fall, all you've got to do is call and i'll come running yeah yeah yeah to see you again..."

2:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home