Thursday, May 19, 2005

These Dreams

Friend, K, sent this test today:




What Your Dreams Mean...






Your dreams seem to show that you're a bit disturbed... but nothing serious.

You may have a problem you're trying to work out in your sleep.

You tend to be a very productive thinker.

Your dreams tend to reflect your insecurities.

You have a very vivid imagination and a rich creative mind.

You secretly want to hide your dreams from your waking mind.







And yeah - My dreams are freaky. And it came about because of the bowl dream.
I've had several recurring dreams throughout my life:
  • The emergency/911 dream - 911 is either busy, or ringing and ringing, or they won't listen to me. "No - I am at the 14th street exit and there IS a 92 car pile up!" "Are you sure, ma'am? We don't have a report." "That is why I AM REPORTING IT." Then there's the version with Harvey Keitel pointing a Glock at my sister's head in my bedroom while I'm hiding and calling 911 and they AGAIN won't answer or listen. "Harvey Keitel?" "YES - HARVEY KEITEL!" (I know that is horrid. Please, God, don't let that happen in real life.)
  • The teeth dream - I lose them. Generally they just fall out. But there is always another one right behind them. Like adult teeth after baby teeth. So, while I'm upset for a moment....Everything is ok in the end.
  • The one from when I was a very young child where some kind of Bullwinkle balloon from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is chasing me. That's about it to that one. But it still scares the pee out of me.
  • The one with pins, or glass, or shards of metal buried just beneath my skin. And I need to extract it painfully. But as I do so...More just appears. It doesn't hurt...But it is frustrating as hell. This is the most recent one. And there is never any resolution. I hate it when I wake up from this one.

Then there is this condition I have called Night Terrors. I inherited it from my Mom. I've had them all my life, as she has too. They've gotten less as I've gotten older. But they still occur now & then:

Night Terrors Symptoms: Sudden awakening from sleep, persistent fear or terror that occurs at night, screaming, sweating, confusion, rapid heart rate, inability to explain what happened, usually no recall of "bad dreams" or nightmares, may have a vague sense of frightening images. Many people see spiders, snakes, animals or people in the room, are unable to fully awake, difficult to comfort, with no memory of the event on awakening the next day.

Usually, mine don't even wake me up. I have to warn people that may be sleeping near me (not a lot lately), to just leave me alone. Let me go back to sleep. Cause those who have awakened me? Have gotten punched, kicked, left alone in bed for me to go walk onto the front porch, or riddled with some line of gibberish that leaves them wondering if I just got religion & was speaking on tongues.

The other version of this is my "wake up and something just isn't right" phenomenon. It happens in two forms. 1) Something is wrong with my clock. Mess with clock. Mess with clock. Mess with clock. Mess with clock. Clock is pissing me off. Go back to sleep. You guessed it....At 9am clock says 2pm. 2) Something is wrong with my pillow. Mess with pillow. Mess with pillow. Mess with pillow. Mess with pillow. Pillow is pissing me off. Go back to sleep. Wake up with pillows on the dresser, on the bedside table, on the bookshelf.

Sleeping is an exhausting sport for me. It works best if I don't start it until about 3am and end about 10am. Unfortunately, this doesn't fit well with Corporate America. Which makes me an insomniac. Which is yet another blog.................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home