Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Big Love

I've been waiting for this one on HBO for a while.

I'm fascinated by absurdities. Serial killers, cannibalaism, transgenderedness, hermaprodites, anorexia, bulimia, obesity, Guiness World Records (ick - those fingernails).....Seems anything extreme interests me. I don't quite get it. It isn't a turn on, just an interest and wondering and 'what goes on there' type of thing.

Polygamy is another one. Which is why I've been waiting on above mentioned television show. Also interesting that it morphed into a religion. Or is part of a religion. Or something.

This show makes it real. Real women. With a real, average man. Who has nothing much more to give than they do...There's nothing all THAT amazing about him. But shows it just can't quite work. They all want validation and respect and adoration. And with two other spouses in the picture...That can't quite happen. They give up so much to be with this bland Home Depot Executive. Their selves, their souls, their pride.

I'm sure there are plenty who would disagree with me. And I'm open to those. Because I'd like to know the opposite viewpoint. I'm not so prudish that I think monogamy is THE only answer. Not sure what THE only answer is though. But I just don't see polygamy working.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season of Big Love. I have big hopes for it. Hope it lives up to Sex In The City, and Six Feet Under, and the Sopranos. Guess we shall see.

(Bill Paxton is kinda cute.)

2 Comments:

Blogger pattygal said...

did you watch last night? first night i liked it OK...but didn't big love it. last night it decided that marge was just manipulative enough and blondie just spiteful enough for me to possibly get hooked.

2:40 PM

 
Blogger Trixie said...

I only caught the last half. So, I think I missed Marge's manipulativeness...But got Nicki's spitelfulness. I need the whole pic to give you a full rundown. Damn HBO - East, South, West, Gay, Straight, North, Bi -- JUST TELL ME WHEN WHAT IS ON!!

11:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home