Saturday, January 14, 2006

Leap Frogging Just A Couple Of Decades

I love music. Music is a part of me. I sing, I play.....I'm all about it.

But my stereo system has been SERIOUSLY lacking for a looooooooong time. The receiver and speakers (along with tape deck and radio at the time) are Magnavox circa 1985. The CD player - good one...Technics 5 changer....Came a few years later. So yeah - My speakers are those big faux wood 60s looking things. The receiver gets so hot you could fry an egg on it. And the CD player won't play even a single CD all the way through without starting to skip.

Another thing you should know about me: I'm NOT a spender. I don't spend. Spending freaks me out. Anything over $100 takes serious thought and time and comparisons. I might even be accused of analysis paralysis or mental masturbation.

So I've been thinking about replacing the antique stereo. I mentioned it to my brother (an admitted gadget guy) and he conspired with some of my other family to fill me up in Best Buy gift cards. So --- How could I not use them?

I decided I needed an iPod. Replace all those pieces with just the iPod and a docking station/speakers. Simple AND portable. Looked at the shuffle. Then went onto the nano. Decided the 4G was worth the extra $50.

Went today to make the big purchase. First decision was the docking station/speakers. The smaller models were just too cheap and tinny sounding. The Bose seemed to be the logical choice at a mere $300. And it sounded AWESOME. But then the sales girl convinced me to listen to the Klipsch. It sounded even better than the Bose! AND it was $20 less!!

So onto the iPod. Please, bring me the 4G nano. So sorry....Out of the 4G. Inner me says - YOU MUST HAVE THIS NOW!!!!! OK - So what are my other alternatives? Either the 2G nano for $50 less or the 30G iPod for $50 more....Which gives you pictures, videos, lunch, car washes and orgasms on demand. WELL - Bring on the 30G!!!!

So -- $500-something and a few hours later? And I'm working on 100 songs (just a few CDs) and am happily sitting back in non-skipping listening pleasure.

PURCHASE WELL MADE!!!!

Think how happy I would be if I could bring myself to think about that car and house.....................

1 Comments:

Blogger pattygal said...

Holy flash memory, Batman! I'm so upset I didn't get the 30G now that I know about the orgasms on demand!

1:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home