Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Recipe For A Perfect Trixie Tear

Animals, cute kids, an under dog, broken and down hearted, poor, middle class, mid-western, farm country kid and dad...You get it...There's my weak spot. (And any given combo of those qualities.)

Today, in the wrath (hardly) of Nemo's convalesce, I self-indulgently went to a movie. I almost felt guilty for this self indulgent act while out on leave....But then, while I weaved myself up the stairs (minus popcorn cause I might drop it), and stumbled my way to my seat...I felt not so bad.

The movie was Dreamer. And I gotta say -- Goldie is a lucky woman...Cause Kurt is still amazingly HOT.

I was completely wrapt for 1 hr and 45 minutes.... But like I told K...The Yearling, Old Yeller, Homeward Bound, Seabiscuit? Give me an animal and I'm a goner.

Animals, plus kids, plus losers, plus underdogs, plus old drunk grandfathers, plus down on their luck midwestern farmers, plus short guys (jockies), plus immigrants, plus working class mothers, plus adorable curly headed blond toothless girls, plus WHAT ELSE CAN SPELL CUTENESS? Hey - I'm a girl...Cut me slack. I'm gonna fall for it.

So there I sat. All one eyed tearful wonder of me (also one snotted nostril for those who care)...And cheered and laughed and cried, for the horse who defied odds, the kid who put herself out there cause she believed, and the dad who did the dad thing just because he was a dad. YUP - Loved that movie! Dreamer. Go see it. And stand up and clap at the end. You'll feel good cause you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home