Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm Gonna Be OK

This is probably the last you'll hear from me prior to Nemo's departure. I hope to be back to blogging some time late next week. It is the first goal I have set for myself. Unless, of course, I am terribly unhappy with the head shaving job my doc's do. If that turns out to be the case, goal number one will be to the hair salon to see my favorite stylist (I have a hair obsession.).

Last week was probably the roughest of my life. Teetering on the edge of that volcano we call sanity (or insanity). Friday I was driving home and tears were streaming down my face. I have been praying and praying and praying for calm...But it just wasn't coming. Finally, I figured out that while God is pretty cool and all, I just wasn't feeling the one-on-one time I thought I needed. So...I enlisted someone who might have a more personal relationship for me. Out loud I said: "Daddy, please just reach down and wrap your arms around me and let me feel safe." And WHOOSH...It all just lifted. And it felt so good that my next request was: "Ok - So while you're at it...Maybe could you send me a rainbow?"

I knew the chances were slim....Because there was no rain predicted anytime soon. And while he can send me a rainbow now and then, no one can expect him to be good enough to actually make it rain. But I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

So, no rain since then. Freakin cold. But not enough rain combined with sun to make a rainbow.

But tonight....Right at dusk....I walked out on my front porch....And the entire sky was filled with the most beautiful, puffy, floating clouds uplit in bright orangey-pink from the sun with a spectulary crisp blue sky as the background. Now, Georgia isn't known for its sunsets...Especially as close to the city as I am. But....This day, it was BEAUTIFUL. And I knew it was for me.

He couldn't make a rainbow. But he could do something just as phenomenal to send me a sign to remind me that his arms are always wrapped around me and I'll always be safe.

I'm gonna be ok! He just proved it!

1 Comments:

Blogger pattygal said...

you are in ICU and so much is happening in politics and our work industry and G's job offer... all I can say is HURRY AND GET BETTER! WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT NORMAL STUFF SOON!

1:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home