Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Remembering...And Smiling....

Honolulu isn't my FAVORITE place..but some good memories:

- Pattygal picking me up and driving along the highway with a GIANT rainbow. I know, they're not unique there. But I still say Dad sent it.

- Pattygal AND Trix almost sleeping through the night to sun shining in the eensy, beensy deck windows. Thank God for jetlag.

- CHEAP BloodyMary's and ScrewDrivers (the BloodyMary's made with Orange Juice) at Moose McGillicutty's. And good breakfast too. And good dinner appetizers. And cheap Happy Hour drinks. OK -- All around, we like Moose's.

- Waikiki - Pick a good beach-y, umbrella-y, drinky, bar-y place and make it yours. Purchasing sunglasses (or any other pricey beach selling gimick) will make your stay even better. It got us a day full of sandy, umbrella-y, beach boy-ey goodness.

- Turtle Bay. Sunny, and warm, and sandy, and drinky.

- North Shore Shrimp Shacks. There are plenty. Visit one.

There are worse things than Honolulu long weekends........

2 Comments:

Blogger pattygal said...

ahhhh the aloha... i'm ready for another beach with more drinky and fewer "must see" social committments.

1:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I think of rainbows I always think of Davis Love III (native of Sea Island GA) walking up the 18th fairway, winning his 1st and only major golf title. Everyone expected him to win many more, but that's the only one so for.

His Dad (golf pro and Love III's teacher) died in a plane crash when he was 24 or 25.

His mom, wife and children were in the crowd at the 18th green. His brother was the caddy.

And as he walked up to the green leading by 6 or 7 strokes, this huge rainbow busts out in the background.

I'm not convinced my Dad sends me rainbows, but I think Davis Love II might have conspired with someone to conjure up that one.

Man, I've jacked up my sister's blog with golf stuff. Jenga.

12:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home