Saturday, January 22, 2005

Fluffy Fresh Wonderfulness

Anyone who knows me, knows I HATE mornings. Detest them. Really have a difficult time with them. My mother commented a while back that for my entire seventh and eighth grade years, I wouldn't speak in the mornings. I cannot help it...It is just who I am. Get me past 11am and I am fine. Before that....Best of luck to ya. It is all a crap shoot. Just one giant coffee nursing session.

I hate to wake up, refuse to use an alarm clock, love to loll in bed, and almost cry when I do force myself out of bed....But the one redeeming quality of morning is grabbing, smelling, and wrapping myself in that big, fluffy, clean, Tide-smelling towel. I think it has somewhat of a 'blankie' effect with me. I get out of the shower...Wrap in a towel..Flop on the couch with coffee and stare blankly at the tv. (It isn't on..I just stare.)

Which makes me remember that my most recent ex hated my towels. This I do not understand. I pride myself in my towels. No flimsy Target towels for me. I go for almost beach towel sized and make a point of picking big and fluffy. How could he be dissing my towels? "They're not absorbent." Well, they're not plastic or SaranWrap for gawd's sake! What do you mean, they're not absorbent? Here...Have a maxipad...It's absorbent. Says so on the package. I should have taken it as a sign.

I even love folding towels. And I have a very specific technic...Taught to me by above mother. Fold in half short end to short end. Fold in half again. Now fold inward longways by thirds. I'll have to show you..It is awesome. Makes for the best linen closet stacking you can ever imagine.

I am definitely a comfortaholic. Warm fluffy towels, snuggly blankies, big hugs, chicken soup, fireplaces, 'comfy clothes' (we'll discuss this phenomena later on), jeans with holes.

Am sitting here attempting to analyze this quirk about me....But, sorry, my comfy blankie is calling..........

1 Comments:

Blogger pattygal said...

well do you use fabric softener? someone told me once that if you use fabric softener or bouce sheets on towels they lose their absorbency. I find this absurd and oxymoronic, but its prbly true. What was more disturbing is that this person then seemed to suggest that i should rid myself of my fine collection of towels, buy new ones and never use fabric softener. problems with that: a) husband does the laundry and i would never DREAM of offering suggestions for fear of "oh, do you have a better method? be my guest!" b) buy all new towels? please... the big fluffy ones are over $10 each! and c) don't criticize my linen, bitch. :-D

11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home