Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I Needed An Umbrella

It was supposed to be just a quick lunch trip to Macy's for a black umbrella to take on my annual Girls' Weekend In New Orleans trip tomorrow. But it turned into so much more....

Step into Macy's and immediately find my umbrella. My choices were one brand only, and big or little. So we went for little. Didn't check the price. Didn't pay attention to the price as the girl rang me up. After signing...Realize I now am the proud owner of a $22 little umbrella. Said umbrella and I run a high likelihood of parting ways while in New Orleans.

Then I decide on Chic Fil A for lunch. So head down to the food court. On my way, I come upon Victoria's Secret. And I am one of those girls who cannot just walk by. So, I pop in. Browsing through the cute, on sale undies...When whom should I spot? The mid-50s, up until now gender neutral, female CTO of my company. It is wrong on so many levels, I cannot even begin to calculate. I purchase my undies and make a hasty exit.

Get my Chic Fil A. And head back out through Macy's. Oh look! It is Clinique Bonus Time. For those of you (men) who do not know what this means....It is that short period that comes about almost quarterly where you get a gift with purchase if you spend just enough on Clinique makeup. I do need a new tube of Almost Makeup (in Fair), so the girl in white brings me that. Oops....It doesn't put me up to the amount to receive the Bonus. Ok - I can always use some Moisture Surge..Bring that on, too. "We only have the large size. Is that OK?" Sure...I go through it like water anyway. I'll use it. So I spent $62 on two items to get my Bonus.

Came back to the office and had to bring my Bonus in. Couldn't wait until I get home to see what kinds of little goodies I've just gotten. So we now have.....A very cute purply-pink multi-pocket makeup bag, a little pot of moisturizer which will get thrown under my guest bathroom sink and stay there until I move, lipstick called "Frosty Coral" which is too light for me but I hear coral is in this season so we'll see if B likes it, a small bottle of makeup remover...which I really do happen to like and will use, an eye shadow trio....I might use the one in the middle, and a teensy bottle containing about 4 sprays of some distinctly old lady smelling purfume.

$62 well spent.

1 Comments:

Blogger pattygal said...

I'm telling you... Cover Girl tinted moisturiser for $5.99 is a definite substitute for Clinique Almost Makeup. In fact, I think I actually like it past the "oh, it will do" phase. Next time you are at the grocery, pick up a tube. You'll be glad you did!

5:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home