Sunday, August 14, 2005

June Freakin Cleaver

I practiced this weekend for my max-six min-four weeks out with the removal of Nemo. Spent time with just me and cooked, cleaned, laundered.

I was the queen of domesticity. Made myself nice, home-made (not ho-made) dinners FOUR nights in a row. I think I've set a record.

Even made myself a "grown up salad". Meaning, no iceburg, no shredded carrots, no cubed cheddar. No - Some hearts of romaine, dried cranberries, toasted pine nuts, herbed goat cheese, and raspberry vinegarette. Quite tasty if I do say so myself.

Had grilled chicken and grilled pork tenderloin. With a rerun of each.

Steamed asparagus. And wild rice.

I'm going to a concert where you take a picnic Tuesday (James Taylor), so prepped for that. Home-made olive tapanade, hummus, and a lovely tortellini antipasto salad. I'll pick up shrimp to steam on Monday. Except for wine and dessert; we'll be set.

And to top it off?? HOME MADE BANANA BREAD. Yep, folks. I produced that. Miss Tough and Independent can also bake.

Do you know what is really yummy? Toast the banana bread, sprinkle it with some powdered sugar, cover with maple syrup, and plop on a scoop of melty vanilla ice cream. YUM.

June Freakin Cleaver?!?! MOVE OVER!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home