Friday, April 14, 2006

Hey!....Remember Me?

Yes - I'm a cat owner. And no - I try not to talk about it much. Cause that makes me that crazy, 40-something, cat woman. Who smells bad and has no friends and dresses up her cat and rides it around in a baby carriage. Whom I try very hard NOT to be.

We have a good working relationship. I feed her. She reminds me when I forget. I change her litter box. I supply cups of water around the house because she prefers that to her one bowl by her food. She sleeps on her own at night until the sun comes up, then comes in to talk to the birds and squirrels at the bedroom window for a bit, then snuggles up next to me.

She comes to say hello when I get home. And lifts her sleepy head off my bed if I come home at a not-expected hour.

She carries around her Bob-Mouse. He's NOT a toy. He's her baby. He gets a special meow when she carries him around.

But mostly, we co-exist in a quiet, independent way. She does her thing - I do mine.

Today she reminded me she knows when I've had a bad day.

She just hopped up (which I didn't even notice) and pressed her forehead into my forearm repeatedly and giving me that 'mmmmmm' -- Which means: "Remember me? I'm here and I love you. Can I snuggle now?"

Those are the kinds of reminders that bring me back to peace. Thanks, Mags. Yes - I remember you. And I love you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home