Thursday, April 06, 2006

How Do I Have This Much Shit??!?!

Pattygal said I'd never blog about it...But here it is:

I'm moving. They're tearing down my lovely, little village in the middle of the city, walk to the Starbuck and wine bar and Irish bar and Chinese restaurant, PLUS the QuickTrip home.

Putting in its place a commercial below and residential above high-rise. Which will make traffic in this area absolutely horrendous.

So...I'm taking on the move. Change doesn't happen easily in my home-type world. Change work up on me all you want. It helps me thrive. But home? I want home to be just like I left it when I come back.

So I've been packing up my front bedroom. Where did all this crap come from?!? And what made me decide I needed to keep it? Cassette tapes. Gross scarves. A jump rope. (Yeah - Like I'll jump rope any time in my near future.) A perfectly fine microwave...But my new one is so much better. Semi-working: TV, CD player, VCR, amplifier, receiver, 2 gross speakers and lots of speaker wire.

This is just a few evenings into it, folks. I may unearth dead bodies, the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the Holy Grail (I think it is just under my bad skirts from 1993).

I'll be downsized by 2/3 by May 1!!

1 Comments:

Blogger pattygal said...

go trixie go! in the words of jack johnson (from the curious george soundtrack no less) REDUCE! REUSE! RECYCLE!

And if you discover any new rings around Uranus... be sure to alert CNN.

1:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home