Tuesday, April 11, 2006

You Know You're Friends When.......

Stuck in a rental car together on an hour trip to our business meeting destination. I give over control of the radio to my passenger. Last trip he tortured me with Shawn Hannity just to wind me up.

This time, he honestly tries to find a suitable listening experience for both of us. Hannity again - No. Don Imus - Probably not. NO to Dr. Laura. I'm ok with ESPN Radio - But not terribly interested. Country no. Oldies only entertains for a minute.

So he reaches back and begins to ruffle through his laptop case.

Pulls out a CD - I don't see which - And pops it in.

Perfection! Abbey Road!

I hum. He hums. I whistle. He sings lightly. I sing a bit too. Soon? In unison and way out loud? "Bang, bang Maxwell's silver hammer came down on her head!" At the top of our lungs. Me not caring how good or bad he is. He not caring either.

And I have to say? We're both pretty good.

Leave it to the Beatles to unite us all.

1 Comments:

Blogger NeverEnough said...

Abbey Road - yeh, that's good! Sounds like a fun drive...

9:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home