Sunday, April 30, 2006

That Was No Freakin' Hairball

Let's just say I've spent the last few days wondering if I'd have to make that hideous decision to put an end to my little friend's life.

The x-rays showed an enlarged heart and something suspicious on one lung. Everyone (except my Mom) I told tried to smile and say "It might be nothing!!" I was sure it was NOT nothing. Spots on lung, sounds in lungs and enlarged hearts aren't good.

Thank GOODNESS Mom was wrong. Yeah - It isn't good. Mags isn't completely healthy. But there's nothing wrong with her lungs. She does have enlarged heart. And what is commonly known as congestive heart failure. But there's no liquid in her lungs, which is a very good sign.

So, I just give her two prescriptions and one aspirin a day now. They say to hide it in wet food. I'm hoping she finds that enough of a tasty treat to make it worth eating.

I proclaim not to be a "crazy cat woman". OK - I am! About my cat, at least. She's my little friend, and she keeps me company every day. I'm not just gonna put an end to her because she becomes inconvenient.

We'll just add an extra step to our day. And not get stressed out.

But she'll get to come home tomorrow, and sleep on my bed, and push her head against my forearm with that little greeting noise she makes.

I might have to make that decision somewhere in the future. But I'm sure she'll give me a signal. And we'll have some time now to make peace with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger NeverEnough said...

I cried like a baby watching my cat being put to sleep. I hope you don't have to go that route!!

12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home