Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My Little Girl Is Growing Up

Visited niece, H, for her fifth bday this weekend. You'd think her fifteenth.

We had a great time at the amusement park and the kids' bday party. Wizard of Oz theme. She got two bazillion gifts. Even the boys knew to bring girl presents. One told his mom: "She's a girl! She'll want a Barbie!" Indeed she is... and indeed she does.

So she got two ho Barbies. In ho Barbie getups. I just tied, primped, fussed, dressed, and changed as a good aunt should.

Then came the Sparkle Fairy Barbie. She was really a little more tame. Less ho-ish. Less ties, primps, fussing and dressing. Just some wings you need to install. Her garb was built in. Fused on. Her bustier was part of her. But niece, H, asks: "Aunt Trix?...Why are her nipples showing through?" Befuddled Aunt Trix: "Nipples? I don't see nipples. I see an outfit." Niece H: "There are nipples. Showing through." Aunt Trix: "I don't see nipples. I see a chest. I see her shirt." Niece H - "Nope. Nipples." Aunt Trix: "She has boobs just like me and mommy." Niece H: "No, Aunt Trix. Not like you and mommy." Aunt Trix: "Ok -- Perkier. Not JUST like me and mommy. But don't all your Barbies have those? Don't they all have breasts?" Niece H: "BREASTS? BREASTS? Aunt Trix! YOU ARE GROSS! DON'T SAY BREASTS!!" Aunt Trix: "Yeah ok H, you're right. I see a little nipple."

Then sis says to me: "Did Niece H tell you where babies come from?" Befuddled Aunt Trix agains gives the quizzacle look to sister and bro-in-law. Bro-in-law reminds: "You know when we sing? And I come across words we're not supposed to say?" Yeeeaaaaah. "And I sing BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP."? Yeeaaaaaaaaah. As in "I want to BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP you like an animal."? Yeeeeaaaah. Well the other day, Niece H says to Daddy: "Daddy, do you know where babies come from?" Daddy: "No, H, where?" Niece H: "From the Mommy's BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP."

So yeah, breasts and beeps. The kid is growing up. No more precisely - Visible nipples, boobs, breasts and beeps. I preferred when it was under rocks and cabbages and soft places to lay her head. SIGH! I'm old and the kid is growing up. God bless innocence....While it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home