Thursday, July 07, 2005

I'll Admit To A Fondness For Inane Humor

Thinking back on my list of Top 10 (or 5...or whatever it was) movies. And realizing...I attempted to go for the deep, brianiac, ethereal movies. When what I really love are stupid, inane, brainless flicks. Like:

  • Anything Jack Black - I'd totally do him...Even though he is strangely grungy and dirty. In order of favs: School of Rock, Saving Silverman, High Fidelity, anything Tenacious D, Shallow Hal.
  • Anything Adam Sandler - Again, I'd totally do him...Even though he is, also, strangely grungy and dirty....Although, not as much as Jack. (I like clean boys...I really do.) Tops in order: Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Wedding Singer, The Waterboy, Airheads, 50 First Dates.
  • Anything Kevin Costner: This boy is clean. Getting old and balding...But clean. Top to bottom: Field of Dreams, The Bodyguard, No Way Out, Dances With Wolves (Or Wooves, as my friend V says), JFK, The Untouchables.
  • Anything with Dennis Quaid: Clean. Getting old. But still has lots of hair. STOOOPID Meg. In order: The Big Easy (HOT sex scene), Breaking Away (oldie AND goodie), Great Balls of Fire, The Parent Trap (yup - sap...but he was SUPER HOT), Frequency.

So, this really may just be a rerun of another Hump Island episode - Grungy/Dirty/Old/Balding Hump Island. At least I am diverse!

But School of Rock just reminded me. Ask friend, B. We saw it together in a semi-full theater. One guy in the front row...And me in the back row....Laughing uproarously. Everyone else in the theatre...(including B) silent. I think front-row-guy and I may have high fived each other on the way out.

SILLY MOVIES RULE!

Jack & Adam...My front door awaits. (I'd not turn away Kevin or Dennis either.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home